Grissini, or “breadsticks”, are great for an appetizer, to dip in soups or as a stand-alone snack. We make our grissini with natto, which gives it a nice flavor with a boost of Vitamin K. Follow the recipe below to make your own!
- Whole wheat flour (Bread) 100g
- Pastry flour 120g
- Baking soda 1/4 teaspoon
- Toasted white sesame seed 1 Tablespoon
- A pinch of Fennel seed
- Salt 1/2 teaspoon
- Olive oil 40g
- About 80g Natto
- Water 180cc
Preheat the oven to 300F
- Chop natto very finely.
- Combine all the dry ingredients.
- Combine all the wet ingredients.
- Mix all together until combined well.
- Shape dough into thin long strips.
- Bake for 15-20 min at 300F until crispy.
- Transfer to a rack to cool, and store them airtight.