Who would have ever thought to blend Italian pasta with fermented soybeans and vegetables? Megumi Natto, that’s who! Peperoncino with Natto & Cabbage is a delicious to your dinner menu. Enjoy your natto experience, and don’t forget to tag us on your natto posts on Instagram at @meguminatto!
- 5 tablespoons natto (rounded)
- 1/3 pound spaghetti
- 4 cabbage leaves, shredded
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 dried hot red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Fresh basil leaves
- Bring a large covered pot of salted water to boil.
- Add the spaghetti and cabbage and cook until the spaghetti is al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil and sauté briefly the garlic and red pepper to release its fragrance.
- When the spaghetti and cabbage are done, drain them. Transfer them to the skillet, season with salt, pepper, and natto and toss well.
- Served immediately, topped with the basil. Serves 2.