Soba is a noodle made from buckwheat, and adding natto to a soba salad can give a lot of flavor and texture to your meal!
- 1/4 pound soba (buckwheat-noodles), preferably cha soba (tea-buckwheat-noodles)
- 5 tablespoons (rounded) natto
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced diagonally
- 3 tablespoons diagonally-chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup daikon sprouts (or alfalfa sprouts)
- Soy sauce dressing:
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger juice (grate and squeeze ginger to get juice)
- 2 teaspoons white roasted sesame seeds
- Make the soy sauce dressing: In a small bowl, whisk all the ingredients of the dressing.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- Break the soba in half and add to the boiling water.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for the minutes instructed on the package of the soba.
- Drain the soba, rinse thoroughly under running cold water, and drain again.
- In a large bowl, mix the soba, natto, cucumber, and green onion.
- Transfer them to a serving dish and top with the daikon sprouts.
- Pour on the dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serves 2.
To read more about natto, visit the Megumi Natto website at http://www.meguminatto.com.