Paninis are sandwiches that are made on toasted bread and typically topped off with warm cheese, deli meats, and vegetables. Megumi Natto took this recipe one step further and made it not only open-faced, but added natto as the main ingredient.
- 1 slice country-style bread
- 2 tablespoons natto, chopped
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- Salt and black pepper
- Curry powder
- In a small bowl, combine the chopped natto, mayonnaise, and a pinch of curry until it makes a paste.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the bread with the natto paste and grill it in a toaster oven or broil it until golden brown. Serves 1.
To read more about natto, visit the Megumi Natto website at http://www.meguminatto.com.